Coronavirus, la guida per le chiese della Church of England
This guidance, which draws on advice about best practice from the NHS and Public Health England is designed to:
- Help you to develop and enhance local preparations.
- Enable you to continue to provide spiritual and pastoral care to your parishes and those within the wider community.
- Explain how people engaged in pastoral ministry with individuals who are or may be infected can protect themselves, their families and the people they work within the course of their daily work.
- Ensure that parishes and chaplaincy teams maintain their presence as agents of spiritual and pastoral care in a way that both protects those engaged in ministry and protects those who need their support and help.
In light of the continued increase of Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in the United Kingdom, our guidance is to suspend the administration of the chalice as well as physical contact during the sharing of the Peace, blessing or “laying on of hands”. We advise that all priests should:
- Offer Communion in one kind only to all communicants i.e. the consecrated bread/wafer/host, with the priest alone taking the wine;
- Suspend handshaking or other direct physical contact during the sharing of the Peace;
- Suspend direct physical contact as part of a blessing or “laying on of hands”.