Decreto ministeriale 17 gennaio 1995, n.55
Danimarca: Act on the Folkeskole. The Danish Primary and Lower Secondary School
Decreto ministeriale 17 gennaio 1995, n. 55: “Act on the Folkeskole. The Danish Primary and Lower Secondary School”.
5. (1) The content of the teaching shall be selected and organised so that it gives the pupils a
possibility of absorption, a general view and a feeling of coherence. The teaching shall enable the
pupils to acquire the forms of cognition and working methods of the individual subjects. The pupils
shall – in an interaction with this – have the opportunity to practise and develop the acquired
knowledge and skills through the instruction in interdisciplinary topics and issues.
(2) The teaching in the nine-year basic school shall cover the following subjects for all pupils:[…]
c) Christian studies at all form levels except for the form level where the confirmation preparation
takes place […]
6. (1) The central knowledge area of the subject of Christian studies shall be the Evangelical
Lutheran Christianity of the Danish national Church. At the oldest form levels, the instruction shall
furthermore comprise foreign religions and other philosophies of life.
(2) If requested, a child shall be exempted from participation in the instruction in the subject of
Christian studies, when the person who has custody of the child submits a written declaration to
the headteacher of the school to the effect that he/she will personally assume the responsibility of
the child’s religious instruction. Exemption can normally only take effect from the beginning of a
school year. If the child has reached the age of 15, exemption can only be granted with the child’s
8. (1) In the 10th form, instruction must be offered in the subjects of Danish, mathematics, PE and
sport, Christian studies/religious education, social studies, English, and physics/chemistry. […]